The platform is a comprehensive software solution designed to cater to the unique needs of food and beverage distributors and processors. The primary objectives of the software are:
- Drive revenue growth and cost reduction.
- Optimize enterprises with automated processes and improved productivity.
- Provide rapid time to value with industry-specific expertise.
The food distribution industry faces challenges like ensuring visibility throughout the distribution process, managing buy/sell side deals, ensuring delivery accuracy, managing inventory, and complying with food safety plans. The client aims to address these challenges by offering a scalable solution that integrates seamlessly with other systems and grows with the company.
A remote In-Sourcing team was formed to support the client’s requirements and work on the Food Distribution Software project. The team built a set of services that form the final solution.
The platform offers a suite of purpose-built, innovative, and highly configurable modules. Some of the key features and solutions include:
- End-to-end visibility throughout the distribution process.
- Increased deal income through internal tools for configuring, capturing, and processing buy/sell side deals.
- Improved day sales outstanding through reduced customer disputes and delivery accuracy.
- Fully integrated General Ledger with drilldown capability.
- Visibility to customer buying trends and demand forecasting.
- Complete track and trace capability from point of receipt to delivery.
- System-generated notifications to predict trends.
- Extensive pricing and costing functionality.
- E-commerce solutions for customer retention and upselling.
The Remote In-Sourcing approach enabled FIVE to collaborate closely with the client. This distinctive integration method offered the most effective means of cooperation.
We’ve used the latest technologies and libraries such as:
- .NET Core
- Telerik & Kendo UI
- Github Actions
- MS SQL Server
- Web sockets
FIVE helped the Client to start digital business in parallel.
The platform has proven to be a valuable asset for food and beverage distributors. Some of the notable results include:
- Inventory accuracy of up to 99.99%
- Tangible reductions in labor and operational costs.
- Enhanced customer retention and upselling opportunities.
The client business has gained successful case studies with companies like Loffredo, John Gross & Company, and Four Seasons Produce showcasing significant improvements in their operations.